Do you want to learn how to teach children meditation?
Designed by the founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine Murray, author of the best selling book “Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities” (the book comes as part of the course) – you will be guided through these easy-to-use modules, self directed practical exercises, video clips and useful exercises to help you develop bespoke meditations that are perfect for children of all ages ,
Lorraine will show you how to help children feel calmer, more peaceful and develop their emotional intelligence to support their self esteem. Plus you will learn more about some exclusive techniques that Lorraine has developed whilst working with children who have ADHD or are on the Autistic Spectrum.
It’s a self-directed, interactive course that you can begin at a time to suit you.
- health workers,
- social workers,
- yoga instructors
- or anyone working with children,
(Suitable for any level of experience – beginner to advanced. Completion of this level enables you to attend the level 2 course).
Listen to this interview with Karen Davies – a professional coach and author – about her experience of the online course.
The on-line course (approx 12 to 18 hours of study) covers everything which Lorraine teaches in her level 1 face-to-face Connected Kids™ course. It includes a copy of her world-wide best selling book ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’.
The course includes 5 easy-to-use modules which help bring the Calm Kids book to life!
- Module 1 – What is Meditation
- Module 2 – Writing Meditations
- Module 3 – How to Deliver a Meditation
- Module 4 – Developing your Mediation Ideas
- Module 5 – Sharing the Experience
The course has been awarded a silver award from ‘Mom’s Choice – Honouring excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.’
Benefits of the ‘how to teach meditation to kids’ online course
- Flexible – start and finish the course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home
- Expert advice – enjoy video clips of the author and expert, Lorraine Murray, sharing useful tips to help you teach children mindfulness and meditation.
- Practical – listen to Lorraine describe different meditation and mindfulness methods that work with children of all ages.
- Life-time Support – ongoing support through webinars and email
- Exclusive – teaching meditation and mindfulness tips
- Technical Support – if you need some extra help getting started or using the online course, we have experts to help you.
- Easy-to-use – no special software required! – The video and meditations (mp3s) will play on your current pc software – you will access it via the internet.
- Free Book – it includes a copy of Lorraine’s international best seller – ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’ .
- Live support – al through the course, there are opportunities to ask questions by email, via our online discussion forum or our virtual classroom sessions.
- Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive an email containing your certificate of completion. Level 1 is a pre-requisite for level 2 (professional training)
Here are your benefits…
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens learning meditation.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with different ages of children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for young people
- Develop your own meditation practice to and how it helps you to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Learn how to produce bespoke meditations for children
- Learn how to improve your delivery of meditations for children
- Discover how meditation and mindfulness can help children with ADHD or autism. or other special needs.
How is this qualification recognised?
The level 1 course is perfect if you wish to teach your own children or teens to feel calmer with meditation and mindfulness. If you are already working with children, we can issue you with a certificate of completion which can count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). You may wish to confirm with your insurer/employer that they will accept this course. A certificate will be sent to you on completion of the course and enables you to book in for the accredited level 2 (professional) course.
The 2-day course includes assessment and more indepth information suited to those who wish to take the course to a professional level. This level is offered throughout the UK, Ireland, Denmark. In 2016 we’ll be teaching in Canada and in 2017 – New Zealand.
Ready to Take the On-line ‘teach children meditation’ Course?
The course has 12 – 18 hours worth of material and there are 2 options to purchase.
*Option 1 – with the Calm Kids book – the course costs £149 which includes a copy of the book ‘Calm Kids’. You will have lifetime support to some of the exercises to help you keep up your teaching practise and full access to the online course materials for 6 months (extensions are available). PLUS – you will be invited to join Lorraine online in our virtual classroom – providing you with the chance to connect, ask questions and receive support through some of the exercises on the course.
Option 2 – without the Calm Kids book – if you already have the book you can purchase the course for only £139. Or for our overseas customers (to avoid a 6 week wait for delivery of the book) we suggest you take this option and buy the book via Amazon or the Book Depository or in the kindle format). When purchasing – use the discount code ‘NOBOOK’ to receive the discount.
If you wish to convert this value into your local currency, please use this Currency Converter
Funding – Living in Scotland?
ILA funding can be used toward level 1 (online or in person) or will pay for £200 of level 2.
Preview – Online Connected Kids™
Here’s a useful preview the Connected Kids™ course content – each module contains …
Meditation Exercises –
Useful meditation and mindfulness methods explained and demonstrated by Lorraine to help you deliver the very best, soothing meditations for your children. Listen here...
Online Workbook –
useful and easy to complete self assessment – helping you understand what you have learned and put it into practise!
Useful info… the course is self-directed – which means you can start and complete the course at your own pace so you have complete flexibility.
We will supply you with a copy of the Calm Kids book which is required reading for the course and will arrive within 4 days of your purchase (for the UK – if you are outside the UK we suggest you use the ‘nobook’ discount and buy the book locally or online as delivery can take several weeks).