Professional Training Course – Teaching Kids Meditation
This professional 2-day course provides the advanced information and skills necessary to deliver bespoke meditations and mindful activities to children of all ages (toddlers to teens) and of all abilities including those with autism or additional support needs.
Pre-requisite to attend is completion of Level 1 – regardless of your experience to date. This can be completed online or in class.
The Connected Kids course teaches you how to establish a successful practice of meditation sessions for children in your community – schools, local youth groups, privately and is ideal for those currently (or looking to work) with children in this capacity eg, school teachers, learning assistants, therapists, yoga teachers.
As an IICT approved Trainer, and Training School our course gives you the ability to work 121 with families and children offering a Connected Kids teaching therapy session for a child and their support group.
The course will give you powerful insights and experience of teaching meditation for the purpose of relaxation, reducing stress and empowering children or teens with meditation techniques to help them to develop their creativity, emotional intelligen
ce, self esteem and remain calm in moments of high stress and anxiety.
This Connected Kids course will help you to :-
- Understand the broad range of meditation techniques available and how to apply these to different settings/age groups
- Learn how to professionally set up a meditation environment suitable for children – on a 121 or group basis
- Understand how to work with children who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children who are ADHD or on the Autistic spectrum
- Learn how to write meditations with children in different age groups (under 6’s, 7 to 12, 13+)
- Develop a ‘meditation toolbag’ that can help structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn different methods of using the breath in meditation with children
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- Understand the energy centres and how they apply to teaching meditation
- Appreciate the importance of grounding techniques in meditation
- Learn about contraindications to teaching meditation to children
- Understand how to cope with strong energy reactions to meditation
- Know how to market and promote their practice in the community
Teaching Children Mindfulness Course Dates 2017
London (deposit £225 – full cost £595 – special offer for early booking – save £75)
- Saturday 24th and 25th June 2017 – now full
- Saturday 29th Sept and 1st October 2017 – limited places
Edinburgh (deposit £225 – full cost £525 )
- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th Sept 2017 – now full – email to join waiting list
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th Nov 2017 – limited places
Northern Ireland (£595 ) – early booking discount Special Offers >>>
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th November 2017 – limited places
Deposits (where shown) are required to confirm your place. The final payment is due 4 weeks before the course date.
My kids are loving the little bits I have been doing with them. I understand now why you are so passionate about teaching children this. It works and is something that they can use through their lives. I wish someone had shown me when I was a child. “
Costs, Venue, Timing
Each cost course is listed above in the local currency. The cost includes…
- 2 days of training with author and teacher, Lorraine Murray
- comprehensive training notes
- copy of Lorraine’s book ‘Connected Kids ‘ (helping to teach kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety and special needs)
- continuous online support of in-class exercises
- listing on our website as a Connected Kids tutor
- a professional practitioner certificate for insurance
- lifelong membership of our online community where we share and learn
- follow up support from Connected Kids ltd by email/telephone/regular online newsletter
- Edinburgh – Mulberry House is the city centre venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station/25 mins from airport by tram).
- London – Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) – easily accessible by public transport.
- Northern Ireland -Helen’s Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
Entry Requirement – completion of level 1 of the Connected Kids™ programme (either in person or online version)
To complete the training – disclosure/criminal record checks (or equivalent); we require a copy of a basic disclosure check to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges at the time your certificate is issued.
Assessment – to complete your level 2 training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed. These include case studies (5 x group and 5 x 121 sessions), audio/video recording of delivering a meditation to children, essay, disclosure check and written test.