Teaching children meditation for health care workers
If you are a children’s healthcare worker, working on a hospital ward, outpatient department, theatres, physiotherapy, hospice or other specialist paediatric clinical setting then our adapted level 1 Connected Kids™ course will be the training you need..
For the first time, you can join experienced nurse and kids mindfulness coach Nikki Harman, RGN for a training day that gives you mindful activities that works for children and teens in a health care setting.
Nikki is a Connected Kids™ trainer who has adapted the course specifically for people like you who work in health care.
This version of level 1 will help you to teach to your patients and add to your clinical toolkit.
This version of the level 1 course covers the basics that are offered in the traditional beginners Connected Kids™ course, but is adapted to the working environment of health care workers.
It will show them how to teach children and teens effective, proven mindfulness methods to help;
- overcome pain,
- reduce anxiety,
- soothe worries about being in hospital
- compliment your clinical expertise and enhance your practice.
What you will learn on the Connected Kids™ Course
In addition to the specific outcomes as outlined above, you will learn the following:-
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Learn how meditation can be a powerful antidote to stress and anxiety in all ages.
- Learn how to create meditation scripts for any age/ability of child/teen
- Develop your confidence in delivering meditations to children
- Learn how to adapt the meditation to the specific needs of the child in health care
- Learn how to set up a the environment for teaching mindfulness (toddlers + to teens)
- Understand the differences and adapt your teaching meditation method to different ages
Costs and Timing for Teaching Kids Mindfulness – Health Care Workers
The Connected Kids™ Course for Health Care workers includes:
- 1 full day of training (9.30am to 5pm)
- further online training support to aid home practise
- A copy of the Lorraine’s book ‘Calm Kids – Help Children Relax with mindful activities’
- A certificate of attendance for CPD
- follow up support by email/telephone
- The opportunity to take the Connected Kids level 2 course
The course costs £175. There is a multiple booking discount – Save £50 >>>
Venue details are available here but full information is emailed prior to the course.
Training Date – Connected Kids™ for Health Care Workers
- dates coming soon – please join our mailing list to be kept informed.
If your workplace requires an invoice to book places on this course, please email us in the first instance.
About the Connected Kids™ Trainer
Nikki Harman has 20 years post-reg experience as a registered general nurse, with experience in critical care, emergency care and paediatrics as well as colo-rectal and general surgical nursing and nurse practitioner work in primary care.
Currently working in the NHS part time in an emergency department, and part time running her business, The Inner Space Project.