Professional Online Course – Teaching Kids and Teens Meditation
- Professional Level 2 online – a self-directed-study online package
- Certification to become a Connected Kids Tutor is through a live, online classroom with the founder, Lorraine Murray.
Directly from the founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine E Murray – you will learn mindful activities to help kids with special needs, autism, ADHD, and anxiety from a professional perspective.
Professional Level 2 online offers self-directed-study through videos, mindful activity mp3s, on and offline reading (the Connected Kids book is included in the course).
The course is designed to help you develop a professional meditation toolkit that is perfect for children and teens of all abilities – especially those with additional support needs.
Lorraine will teach you how to help children and teens reduce stress, anxiety and develop their self regulation and emotional resilience skills.
- Module 1 – becoming a peace pioneer
- Module 2 – energy awareness to teach meditation
- Module 3 – teaching from the heart
- Module 4 – child development and special needs
- Module 5 – enhancing your teaching skills
- Module 6 – developing your teaching toolkit
- Module 7 – advanced teaching meditation tools
- Module 8 – developing meditation programmes
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for you if you are:
- currently working professionally with children or wish to take the Connected Kids programme to become a professional Connected Kids Tutor
- or you are a carer/parent who has a child with additional support needs and wants to learn more about teaching them meditation to reduce anxiety and stress.
*Pre-requisite for entry
To take this course, you will have taken level 1 online (beginners) or attended a class at one of our teaching venues in Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh or London or any of our trips to Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Denmark and America).
Here is what you will learn…
- Explore a wide range of mindfulness and meditation techniques and apply these to accommodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learn how to set up a meditation programme for teaching children professionally
- Learn how to teach children meditation who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children with special needs
- Develop a ‘meditation toolkit’ that can structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- tips for teaching kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understand the energy centres and the role they play when teaching meditation
- Learn about which mindful activities are safe to use with different needs.
- Understand how to help young people process strong reactions to meditation
How is this teaching meditation certificate recognised?
Connected Kids Ltd is now a recognised training school by insurers Balens UK – students who take our courses can secure insurance to practise professionally.
If you are already working with children, then the Professional Level 2 online will enhance your skill base and count towards CPD (continuous professional development). You may wish to confirm this with your insurer/employer.
Benefits – Professional Level 2 online
- Flexible – start and finish the course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home – you have 12 months access to the materials.
- Expert advice – enjoy video clips of the author and expert, Lorraine Murray, sharing useful tips to help you teach children with special needs mindfulness and meditation.
- Practical – listen to Lorraine describe different meditation and mindfulness methods that work with children of all abilities including autism and adhd.
- Life-time Support – ongoing support through webinars and email
- Technical Support – if you need some extra help getting started or using the online course, we have experts to help you.
- Easy-to-use – no special software required! – The video and meditations (mp3s) will play on your current pc software – you will access it via the internet.
- Free Book – it includes a copy of Lorraine’s sequel to Calm Kids best seller – ‘Connected Kids – Help Kids With Special Needs (and Autism) Shine With Mindful, Heartfelt Activities ‘ .
- Online support – all through the course, there are opportunities to ask questions by email or via our online discussion forum sessions.
- Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive an email containing your Connected Kids Level 2 (Stage 1) certificate of completion
- Access to Connected Kids Tutor Certification – taking the online level 2 gives you access to securing a ‘Professional Connected Kids Tutor’ certificate recognised by Balens UK and IICT.
Costs – Professional Level 2 online
Professional Level 2 online costs £325 + VAT.
Already have the Connected Kids book? If you have already purchased the Connected Kids book (required reading for the course) then you can use the code NOBOOKCK to save £12.99.
If you wish to convert this value into your local currency, please use this Currency Converter
We strongly advise – that If you are outside the UK, it is quicker to start the course by using the above discount code and buying the book via Amazon.
You will have lifetime access to our online group to support your teaching practise and full access to the online course materials for 12 months (extensions are available). PLUS – you will be invited to join our exclusive Facebook group for Connected Kids students/tutors – providing you with the chance to connect with others and ask questions.
Virtual Tour of the Professional Level 2 online (self directed study)
This vitual tour of the online course will give you some idea of what the online course looks like.
Connected Kids Tutor Certification
The online level 2 course offers you a certificate of completion.
If you wish to secure the Professional Connected Kids Tutor certification you can book in to attend the online virtual classroom sessions with the founder, Lorraine E Murray. You must attend 3 sessions and the cost is £270 + VAT.
If you haven’t taken any of the Connected Kids courses yet….
…you can purchase the beginners Level 1 Online and Professional Level 2 Online courses and save £50 off the total cost. Discounted online package >>>
Please note – you can choose to take the Professional Level 2 online without taking level 1 but we will be unable to offer a certificate.