Online training to become a kids/teens meditation teacher
- Professional Level 2 online – a self-directed-study online package
- Certification to become a Connected Kids Tutor in a live, online classroom with the founder, Lorraine Murray.
This Level 2 online training course offers you the opportunity to study at a time to suit you – using informative videos, mindful activity recordings and includes a copy of Lorraine’s essential book Connected Kids.
You’ll learn how to teach mindful techniques that also work well with kids/teens who have special needs, are on the autistic spectrum, have adhd or anxiety.
Directly from the founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine E Murray (with over 15 years experience) – we will help you develop a meditation toolkit that is perfect for teaching professionally – with children and teens of all abilities.
Lorraine will teach you how to help children and teens reduce stress, anxiety and develop their self regulation and emotional resilience skills using mindful activities.
- Module 1 – your peace pioneer skills
- Module 2 – developing energy awareness to teach meditation
- Module 3 – teaching with the intuitive heart
- Module 4 – child development and special needs
- Module 5 – enhancing your teaching meditation skills
- Module 6 – developing your teaching mindfulness toolkit
- Module 7 – teaching advanced, mindful activity tools
- Module 8 – developing bespoke meditation programmes
This course is perfect for you if you are:
- currently working professionally with children
- or you are just starting out and wish to train through the Connected Kids programme to become a kids meditation teacher.
(You may wish to take the course as a carer/parent who has a child with additional support needs to help them reduce anxiety and stress).
*Pre-requisite for entry
Our course is accredited and insured provided that students have either taken our level 1 online (beginners) course or attended a class at one of our teaching venues in Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh or London.
Here is what you will learn…
- Explore a wide range of mindfulness and meditation techniques and apply these to accommodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learn how to set up a meditation programme for teaching children professionally
- Learn how to teach children meditation who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children with special needs
- Develop a ‘meditation toolkit’ that can structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- tips for teaching kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understand the energy centres and the role they play when teaching meditation
- Learn about which mindful activities are safe to use with different needs.
- Understand how to help young people process strong reactions to meditation
How is this teaching meditation certificate recognised?
Connected Kids Ltd is now a recognised training school by insurers Balens UK. Plus we are also an approved training provider of IICT (recognised in 26 countries worldwide) who can also offer insurance. This means you can take our courses and secure insurance to practise professionally.
If you are already working with children, then the Professional Level 2 online course will enhance your skill base and count towards CPD (continuous professional development).
Why learn online?
- Flexible – start and finish the course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home – you have 12 months access to the materials but we expect it to take about 4 months to complete.
- Expert advice – enjoy video clips of the author and expert, Lorraine Murray, sharing useful tips to help you teach children with special needs mindfulness and meditation.
- Practical – listen to Lorraine describe different meditation and mindfulness methods that work with children of all abilities including autism and adhd.
- Life-time Support – ongoing support through webinars and email
- Technical Support – if you need some extra help getting started or using the online course, we have experts to help you.
- Easy-to-use – no special software required! – The video and meditations (mp3s) will play on your current pc software – you will access it via the internet.
- Free Book – it includes a copy of Lorraine’s sequel to Calm Kids best seller – ‘Connected Kids – Help Kids With Special Needs (and Autism) Shine With Mindful, Heartfelt Activities ‘ .
- Online support – all through the course, there are opportunities to ask questions by email or via our online discussion forum sessions.
- Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive an email containing your Connected Kids Level 2 (Stage 1) certificate of completion
- Access to Connected Kids Tutor Certification – this stage gives you access to securing a ‘Professional Connected Kids Tutor’ certificate.
How much does it cost?
The course costs £325 + VAT. which includes a copy of the book ‘Connected Kids’ which will arrive within 7 working days of your purchase.
Option 2 – without the Connected Kids book
this is suitable for you if you already have the Connected Kids book (please note the book is required reading for the course).
You can save £10 – use the discount code – NOBOOKCK
Ordering from outside the UK? The current price in US dollars is approx $535/435 euros – you can check current rates here www.xe.com.
Remember – You will have lifetime access to our online group to support your teaching practise and full access to the online course materials for 12 months (extensions are available). PLUS – you will be invited to join our exclusive Facebook group for Connected Kids students/tutors – providing you with the chance to connect with others and ask questions.
Virtual Tour of the Professional Level 2 online (self directed study)
This vitual tour of the online course will give you some idea of what the online course looks like.
Connected Kids Tutor Certification
Once you have taken the online level 2 training you will receive a certificate of completion.
It’s the first stage in becoming a Professional Connected Kids Tutor.
If you wish to become an accredited Tutor you can join the founder, Lorraine E Murray, in a live, online virtual classroom in our certification stage.