Learn how to teach kids and teens mindfulness – online
Each module gives you access to insightful information and practical exercises based on our years of experience – created by the founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine Murray, author of the best selling book “Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities”.
The course is a mixture of self-directed study and online group support with exclusive access to a community of like-minded of people (like you) who want to bring meditation into the lives of young people.
Lorraine will show you how to help children (toddlers to teens) feel calmer, more peaceful and develop their emotional intelligence to support their self esteem. Plus you will learn more about some exclusive techniques that Lorraine has developed whilst working with children who have ADHD or are on the Autistic Spectrum.
The beginners level is a self-directed, interactive course that you can begin at a time and place to suit you.
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens learning meditation.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with different ages of children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for young people
- Develop your own meditation practice to and how it helps you to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Learn how to produce bespoke meditations for children
- Learn how to improve your delivery of meditations for children
- Discover how meditation and mindfulness can help children with ADHD or autism.or other special needs.
- The course has 12 – 18 hours worth of material“Though I have worked with children and meditation before both here in NZ and in England, your course opened more doors and options for for me to use.” J Smith
The on-line course includes everything Lorraine teaches in her Connected Kids™ class. It includes a copy of her world-wide best selling book ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’.
The course includes 5 easy and practical modules which help bring the Calm Kids book to life!
- Module 1 – What is Meditation (for kids/teens)
- Module 2 – How to create a meditation for kids/teens
- Module 3 – How to create and deliver a bespoke meditation that matches your kids needs
- Module 4 – Developing your Meditation Ideas to teach children
- Module 5 – Sharing the Experience of meditation
*The course has been awarded a silver award from ‘Mom’s Choice – Honouring excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.’ and the National Parenting Product Awards for 2018