Learn how to teach teach kids and teens mindfulness – online
Regardless of where you are in the world, you can learn directly from the founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine Murray, author of the best selling book “Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities”.
You can start the course anytime you choose from the comfort of your own home!
Lorraine will show you how to help children (toddlers to teens) feel calmer, more peaceful and develop their emotional intelligence to support their self esteem. Plus you will learn more about some exclusive techniques that Lorraine has developed whilst working with children who have ADHD or are on the Autistic Spectrum.
It’s a self-directed, interactive course that you can begin at a time and place to suit you.
The course is suitable for…
- health workers,
- social workers,
- yoga instructors,
- or anyone working with children.
Suitable for any level of experience – beginner to advanced. Completion of this leads you to the next step in our training programme – to professionally teach meditation to kids and teens.
Listen to this interview with Karen Davies – a professional coach and author – about her experience of the online course.
The on-line course (approx 12 to 18 hours of study) includes everything Lorraine teaches in her Connected Kids™ class. It includes a copy of her world-wide best selling book ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’.
The course includes 5 easy and practical modules which help bring the Calm Kids book to life!
- Module 1 – What is Meditation
- Module 2 – Writing Meditations
- Module 3 – How to Deliver a Meditation
- Module 4 – Developing your Meditation Ideas
- Module 5 – Sharing the Experience
*The course has been awarded a silver award from ‘Mom’s Choice – Honouring excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.’
What you will learn…
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens learning meditation.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with different ages of children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for young people
- Develop your own meditation practice to and how it helps you to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Learn how to produce bespoke meditations for children
- Learn how to improve your delivery of meditations for children
- Discover how meditation and mindfulness can help children with ADHD or autism. or other special needs.
- The course has 12 – 18 hours worth of material
Save £10 … use the discount code ‘nobook’ when you purchase the course.
How is this teaching meditation certificate recognised?
Connected Kids Ltd is insured as a training school through Balens specialist insurers.
If you are working with children, you will receive a certificate of completion which can count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). You may wish to confirm with your insurer/employer/professional association that they will accept this course.
Features and benefits of the online course
Lorraine Murray, finds most online courses a bit ‘flat’ and ‘boring’ and never seems to find time to finish them. So when she designed the course – it had to be practical, inspiring and easy to use. With this in mind, our online course has…
- Flexibility– start and *finish the course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home
- Expert advice – enjoy video clips of the author and experienced meditation teacher, Lorraine Murray, sharing useful tips to help you teach children mindfulness and meditation.
- Practical exercises– listen to Lorraine describe different meditation and mindfulness methods that work with children and teens of all ages.
- Life-time Support – ongoing support through webinars and email
- Exclusive tips– for teaching meditation and mindfulness
- Technical Support – if you need extra help getting started or using the online course, we have experts to help you.
- Simple, easy-to-use access – no special software required! – The video and meditations (mp3s) will play on your current pc software via the internet.
- A Free Book – it includes a copy of Lorraine’s international best seller – ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’ .
- Live support – all through the course, there are opportunities to ask questions by email, via our online discussion group or our online classroom sessions.
- A Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive your certificate of completion. Level 1 is a pre-requisite for level 2 (professional training)
*You will have lifetime access to some of the recorded exercises to support your teaching practise and full access to the online course materials for 6 months (extensions are available). PLUS – you will be invited to join Lorraine online in our online classroom – providing you with the chance to connect, ask questions and receive support.
Are you ready to teach children meditation ?
Option 2 – without the Calm Kids book
this is suitable for you if:
- you already have the Calm Kids book
You can purchase the course for only £139 + VAT using the discount code ‘nobook’.
Outside the UK? If you wish to convert this value into your local currency, please use this Currency Converter
Virtual Tour – Online Connected Kids™
This virtual tour of the online course will give you a peek to see what is involved…