Our ethos is to create a compassionate community of professional meditation teachers who can help kids of all ages and abilities. We have a worldwide (and growing) network of wonderful practitioners. We hope you decide to join us!
If (after reading this) you still have questions… please email us..
Certified Professional Training
This level of training is for you if you intend to teach children and teens meditation on a professional basis. It offers you:
- an exciting toolkit of mindful activities
- training to develop advanced skills for kids who have special educational needs
- life long support through our online community of dedicated teachers.
- a professional Connected Kids Tutor certificate – reviewed and approved by IICT and Balens UK
Professional Course Syllabus
This includes our foundation course syllabus plus …
- exploring a wide range of mindfulness and meditation techniques and apply these to accommodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learning how to set up a professional meditation programme for kids and teens
- Learning how to teach children meditation who have SEN – ADHD, Autism or other additional support needs.
- Learning how to support the families of those with children with SEN
- Developing a ‘meditation toolkit’ that can structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, sound, colour, day-to-day mindfulness)
- Learning how to work more intuitively with a compassionate practice
- tips for teaching kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understanding the energy body structure and the relevance when teaching meditation
- Learning which mindful activities are safe to use with different needs.
- comprehensive assessment to ensure you feel confident to teach professionally (see below)
- Understanding how to help young people process trauma through meditation
- worldwide certification to gain insurance to teach meditation professionally.
After this traning, our meditation teachers can teach meditation professionally to kids/teens in:
- school/educational organisations,
- local authority mental health services
- local youth groups,
- private youth-related organisations
- private groups – organised in your community
- private, 121 sessions
- and/or as part of your current profession (school teachers, learning assistants, counsellors, educators, psychologists, therapists, yoga teachers).
Our certified programme is recognised by IICT and Balens UK and offers CPD accreditation.
We offer supportive training (maximum of 8 students to 1 trainer) and this continues through exclusive lifetime access to online resources and a community of fellow meditation teachers offering ideas and sharing good practice.
Professional course dates:
NOTICE as of 18th March 2020 – Please note that in the event of the unpredictable world crisis with the COVID-19 virus, we are able to transfer your booking to our online programme or transfer to a later date.
- *Edinburgh City Centre – 27-Sep-2020 and 3rd and 4th October)
- London (Friday) 18-Sep-2020 (to Sunday)
- Belfast 11-Sep-2020 (Friday to Sunday)
- Dublin starts 16-Oct-2020 (Friday to Sunday)
- Swanage starts -- – more dates coming soon
- Edinburgh West – dates coming soon
- Nottingham – more dates coming soon
Training Costs – £894 plus tax (deposit to hold place £325 plus tax)
*For Edinburgh City Centre, you would take the foundation stage online and attend dates in October 2020 as listed.
Please join our mailing list to be kept informed of new course dates.
Outside the UK/Ireland? We also offer our Connected Kids course through our award winning online training programme – same content, different delivery.
After attending the Connected Kids Professional level of training you will have 12 months to complete practical assessment work; designed to build your confidence and mentor you through your teaching practice. This includes
- case studies (5 x group and 5 x 121 sessions),
- audio/video recording of delivering a meditation to children,
- business/marketing essay,
- written test.
*PVG/criminal record checks (or equivalent); we require a copy of a basic disclosure check (or equivalent in your country) to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges at the time your disclosure certificate was issued (certificate date must be valid within 18 months of the Connected Kids training).
Connected Kids Programme – was founded by, Lorraine E Murray, an expert in the field of teaching meditation who regularly speaks at mindfulness summits, has trained thousands of students internationally and is the successful author of 2 successful books about teaching kids learn meditation.