Connected Kids™ – trainer course
Your experience to date is essential to becoming a trainer of this amazing course.
I have now set dates for the training and you can see this information below. I’ve had such a lot of interest and my intention is to keep group size small (max of 5/6) and we have had 5 times that number of people interested in the course – I hope you are one of them.
Lorraine E Murray, founder of Connected Kids Ltd
What does Level 3 Training involve?
The Level 3 (to become a trainer) is split into 2 parts.
Part 1 – CK trainer – delivering the level 1 (beginners) stage
This will involve a 1-day course (London or Edinburgh) with prep work, online classroom and assessment which will teach you how to teach other adults the first level of the Connected Kids course.
This stage of training will give in-depth skills and advanced information to help you professionally deliver the beginners level of the Connected Kids programme.
What you will learn on the Connected Kids™ Trainer (level 3) course
Through stage 1 of the course you will:-
- Learn the importance of setting intentions, having awareness of expectations/attachments when training
- How to tune into the needs of your students when they deliver their first meditation (unscripted)
- Learn how to develop and use a lesson plan intuitively
- Learn how to deliver the Level 1 Connected Kids workshop (logically and intuitively)
- Introduction to the level 1 training materials and how you can personalise them to your skills and experience
- Introduction to different, adult learning styles
- How to help adults balance the logic (mind) with the emotion (heart) in understanding meditation and it’s benefits
- Tips for improving your presentation and communication skills
- How to lead adults into meditation and practise letting go in order to empower their students
- Learn how to develop a rapport with students and encourage this between students
- Learn how to market your practice and workshops to your local community
- An invitation to promote your level 1 courses on the Teach Children Meditation Website
- Adhere to the trainer code of ethics and professional conduct
The course includes:
- 1 full day of face-to-face training (small group – London/Edinburgh)
- 2 x 1 hour online group sessions
- training manual
- discounts on books/CDs
- follow up practise and share sessions
- an ‘interim trainer’ certificate for insurance purposes
- follow up support by email/trainer newsletter
London – Thursday 20th September – Violet Hill Studios, NW London – 9.30am to 5pm
Edinburgh – Saturday 27th October 2018 – Mulberry House, EH4 – 9.30am to 5pm
(The follow up online classroom will take place over 2 sessions of 1 hour – there will be the option to attend either an evening or daytime session and a number of dates to choose from).
The cost for the day of training, follow up classroom and support sessions is £595 – deposit of £250 to secure your place.
Early booking discount – before 18th August 2018, you will receive a £50 discount (applied to the final amount due). Payment plans are available – email us for details. Please note that space is strictly limited.
To book, please email Lorraine specifying which venue you wish to attend. We will issue an online invoice (we can also issue invoices to organisations if your school is paying for this).
Credit/debit card/payapl– we will issue an online Paypal invoice for the deposit plus VAT. Payment can be made with a credit/debit card or if you have a Paypal account.
Bank Transfer – we can issue an online invoice with bank details if you prefer to pay this way. Please specify when you email with your venue choice. If your organisation is paying we will request the full amount.
Following this you will receive a short interview questionnaire which must be received before the final payment is due (4 weeks before the training date).
Entry Requirement – completion of level 2 of the Connected Kids programme and a *minimum of 6 months professional practise at level 2. This level is not automatically open to level 2 students.
Assessment – to complete your level 3 (**interim) training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed.
- This includes – a video/audio recording of introducing and practising (can be 121/group) mindful listening/speech practice (max of 15 mins).
- An essay based on 5 meditation practices and your observations/self reflection
- An outline of the level 1 basic lesson plan with your additional, personalised input.
Optional – the opportunity to attend and assist at a level 1 training date in Edinburgh/London.
*Timescales can be arbitrary – in other words it may be that you have only taught 3 children in the last 6 months or taught 20 in the last 3 weeks! This will be explored (by email) following your decision to take the training and book a place.
**Interim refers to the fact that you will become qualified to deliver the Level 1 course (beginners) of the Connected Kids programme to other adults.