Mindful parenting and caring – coming soon
This introductory online course for parents and carers is designed for those who want to learn some simple ways to help their children de-stress, feel calm and centred with mindfulness.
The course is a co-creation between Lorraine Murray, an expert with over 17 years experience, foster carer and author of 2 books on this subject ‘Calm Kids’ and ‘Connected Kids’, and one of her Connected Kids Tutors, Suzi Gibson – mum of a teenage son and daughter who has been practising and teaching meditation for years! Together, they will empower you with some basic skills to help you bring more peace into the home.
Teaching your children mindfulness will help them to improve their focus and ability to manage their emotions with more peace. The workshop is suitable for any level of experience and particularly for carers and parents. It is a helpful taster for those who are interested in teaching kids meditation.
Connected Kids™ Connected Parents
This course will help:-
- by introducing you to the benefits of learning meditation for your own wellbeing
- you understand how mindfulness supports children’s health and wellbeing
- to introduce you to mindful parenting methods
- by talking you through different breath and relaxation techniques for children/teens
- you understand how your energy and emotions affect your children
- provide you with some simple techniques to help you and your family feel calm and centered.
Costs and Access
This is a self-study online course which will include:
- full access to the mindful parenting online course
- online resources to help you develop your personal meditation practice
- downloads of useful tips and ideas
- a discounted rate for the foundation connected kids course (online/in-person)
- support from our connected kids online facebook group (for students who have taken the course
- invitation to online ‘ask the expert’ sessions
Workshop Release Date
We will be releasing this online resource in spring 2020. Please ensure you are on the mailing list to be kept informed.