This inspiring and interactive 1-day workshop will help you teach your children how to relax, feel calm and centred with mindfulness and meditation.
Taught by Lorraine Murray, an expert with over 15 years experience and author of 2 books ‘Calm Kids’ and ‘Connected Kids’, she’ll empower you with skills and the knowledge to teach children and teens of all ages how to meditate.
Lorraine has worked extensively with all age groups and will bring this into the course, along with her experience of working with children on the autistic spectrum, who have ADHD or other special needs.
Meditation Benefits to children/teens
Teaching kids meditation helps them to develop their creativity, emotional intelligence and self esteem. It is especially helpful for reducing anxiety, stress and sleep issues.
It can help young people to self regulate their behaviour, focus and concentrate to aid academic performance.
Should you learn how to teach children mindfulness?
If you are a parent, professional, educator or a carer who wants to help children feel calmer and centered – then yes.
The course provides you with a solid foundation – teaching you how to develop bespoke meditations that suit the needs of your children; whether for personal use or (if already working with children) to take mindfulness and meditation into your professional practice.
Connected Kids™ Programme – level 1
This course will help you:-
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Learn how meditation can be a powerful antidote to stress and anxiety in all ages.
- Learn how to create meditation scripts for any age/ability of child/teen
- Develop your confidence in delivering meditations to children
- Understand the differences between meditation and mindfulness
- Learn to tune in to your child’s needs so you can deliver the most healing meditations for children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for children (from toddlers + to teens)
- Understand the differences in teaching children meditation of different ages
The Teaching Kids Meditation course cost includes:
- 1 full day of training
- further online training support to aid home practise
- A copy of the Lorraine’s book ‘Calm Kids – Help Children Relax with mindful activities’
- A certificate of attendance
- follow up support by email/telephone
- an invitation to the connected kids group on social media to share tips, questions and ideas.
Teaching Mindfulness Course 2017/18
All courses are taught by the founder, Lorraine Murray, unless stated otherwise.
- Friday 29th September 2017 – 1 place left
- Friday 16th March 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Friday 21st Sept 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Friday 16th Nov 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Sunday 12th Nov 2017- 1 places left
- Sunday 4th Feb 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Sunday 15th April 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Sunday 2nd Sept 2018- dates just released – limited places
- Sunday 28th Oct 2018- dates just released – limited places
(with Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 11th November 2017 – -now full – email to join waiting list
- Saturday 20th January 2018 – 4 places left
- Friday 20th April 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 2nd June 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 6th October 2018- 4 places left
(with Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 10th March 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 7th April 2018 – 4 places left
- Friday 8th June 2018 – 4 places left
- Friday 7th September 2018- 4 places left
- Friday 17th November 2017 – 4 places left
If you can’t attend one of these dates? – the level 1 course is also available as an online course.
“I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for today. It was more than I could have imagined…”
How is the Connected Kids Certificate recognised?
The level 1 Connected Kids course is perfect if you wish to share the benefits of teaching children meditation with your own children.
If you are already working with children, you can use the certificate of completion we issue to count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). You may wish to confirm with your insurer/employer that they will accept this course. Completing this level will give you access to the professional training of our Level 2 Connected Kids course.
Cost -the cost of level 1 is £175 – payment confirms your place. 4 weeks before the course we will email directions and information. You can transfer your place (once) to another date up to 4 weeks before the course date.
How to book – connected kids course
Spaces are strictly limited on each course to ensure an effective tutor-to-student ratio.
Connected Kids – Teaching Meditation – Venues
- Edinburgh – Mulberry House is the city centre venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station).
- London – Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) – easily accessible by public transport.
- Northern Ireland -Helen’s Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
- Dorset, UK – Dorset Yoga and Therapy Centre, DT11TU. Dorchester West or Dorchester South (Direct from London Waterloo. Parking available.
- Dublin, Ireland – River Holistic Centre, Raheny, D5 – 12 minutes from Connolly train station (dublin) on Dart. Street parking also available.
Full details and directions are sent by email after booking or are available on request.
Connected Kids course – Timing
We restrict the size of classes so pre-booking is required. The course runs from 9.30am to 5pm