This inspiring and interactive 1-day workshop will help you teach your children how to relax, feel calm and centred with mindfulness and meditation.
Taught by Lorraine Murray, an expert with over 14 years experience and author of 2 books ‘Calm Kids’ and ‘Connected Kids’, she’ll empower you with skills and the knowledge to teach children and teens of all ages how to meditate.
Lorraine has worked extensively with all age groups and will bring this into the course, along with her experience of working with children on the autistic spectrum, who have ADHD or other special needs.
Meditation Benefits to children/teens
Teaching kids meditation helps them to develop their creativity, emotional intelligence and self esteem. It is especially helpful for reducing anxiety, stress and sleep issues.
If you are a parent, professional, educator or a carer who wants to help children feel calmer and centered – then yes.
The course provides you with a solid foundation – teaching you how to develop bespoke meditations that suit the needs of your children; whether for personal use or (if already working with children) to take mindfulness and meditation into your professional practice.
Connected Kids™ Programme – level 1
This course will help you:-
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Learn how meditation can be a powerful antidote to stress and anxiety in all ages.
- Learn how to create meditation scripts for any age/ability of child/teen
- Develop your confidence in delivering meditations to children
- Understand the differences between meditation and mindfulness
- Learn to tune in to your child’s needs so you can deliver the most healing meditations for children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for children (from toddlers + to teens)
- Understand the differences in teaching children meditation of different ages
Costs, Venue, Timing
The Teaching Kids Meditation course cost includes:
- 1 full day of training
- further online training support to aid home practise
- A copy of the Lorraine’s book ‘Calm Kids – Help Children Relax with mindful activities’
- A certificate of attendance
- follow up support by email/telephone
Teaching Mindfulness Course dates – 2017
All courses are taught by the founder, Lorraine Murray, unless stated otherwise.
- Friday 29th September 2017 – 5 places left
Edinburgh (£175 – £25 early booking discount)
- Sunday 3rd Sept 2017- now full – email to join waiting list
- Sunday 12th Nov 2017- limited places
Northern Ireland (£175 ) with Ruth Pringle
- Saturday 16th September 2017 – 1 place left
- Saturday 11th November 2017
Also available as an online course (which will give you entry into the level 2 course).
“I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for today. It was more than I could have imagined…”
How to book – connected kids course
The cost varies depending on the currency and the venue where we teach. Please click the ‘book now’ button to find out the exact costs for each location.
Teaching Meditation – Venues
- Edinburgh – Mulberry House is the city centre venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station).
- London – Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) – easily accessible by public transport.
- Northern Ireland -Helen’s Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
- Dorset, UK – Dorset Yoga and Therapy Centre, DT11TU. Dorchester West or Dorchester South (Direct from London Waterloo. Parking available.
- Poole, UK – Poole yoga centre, BH15 2DE, train station in Poole and it is about a 10 minute walk to the venue. The road is located opposite Poole Hospital. Parking is available on site for the weekend events.
Full details and directions are sent by email after booking or are available on request. .
Connected Kids course – Timing
We restrict the size of classes so pre-booking is required. The course runs from 9.30am to 5pm