Training adults to teach kids meditation (foundation)
It will take you on a journey to learn how to teach the Connected Kids foundation course.
It’s an extraordinary experience. I hope you can join me.”
Lorraine E Murray
Founder of Connected Kids
What does Level 3 Training involve?
The Level 3 Train the Trainer is split into 2 stages
Stage 1 – CK foundation trainer
This will involve a 1-day course (London or Edinburgh) with prep work, online classroom support and assessment which will teach you how to teach other adults the foundation level of the Connected Kids course.
This stage of training will give in-depth skills and advanced information to help you professionally deliver the beginners level of the Connected Kids programme.
J Boland, Ireland
What you will learn – Foundation Trainer Course
Through stage 1 of the course you will:-
- Learn the importance of setting intentions, having awareness of expectations/attachments when training
- How to tune into the needs of your students when they deliver their first meditation (unscripted)
- Learn how to develop and use a lesson plan intuitively
- Learn how to deliver the Level 1 Connected Kids workshop (logically and intuitively)
- Introduction to the level 1 training materials and how you can personalise them to your skills and experience
- Introduction to different, adult learning styles
- How to help adults balance the logic (mind) with the emotion (heart) in understanding meditation and it’s benefits
- Tips for improving your presentation and communication skills
- How to lead adults into meditation and practise letting go in order to empower their students
- Learn how to develop a rapport with students and encourage this between students
- Learn how to market your practice and workshops to your local community
- An invitation to promote your level 1 courses on the Teach Children Meditation Website
- Adhere to the trainer code of ethics and professional conduct
The course includes:
- 1 full day of face-to-face training (small group – London/Edinburgh)
- *1 x 1 hour online classroom session
- training manual
- discounts on books
- follow up practise and share sessions
- an ‘interim trainer’ certificate for insurance purposes
- follow up support by email/trainer newsletter
Edinburgh – Saturday 14th March 2020 – 3 places left
London – Thursday 23rd April 2020 – 2 places left
Please note 2020 is the final year we will offer this level of training.
*(optional – within 12 months of training)
(The follow up online classroom will take place over 1 session of 1 hour – there will be the option to attend either an evening or daytime session and a number of dates to choose from).
The cost for the day of training, follow up classroom and support sessions is £795 plus vat – deposit of £250 plus vat to secure your place. The final amount is due 8 weeks before the training date.
We can also issue invoices to organisations if your school is paying for this.
Entry Requirement – completion of the professional level Connected Kids programme and a *minimum of 6 months professional practise at a professional level.
Assessment – to complete your level 3 (**interim) training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed.
- This includes – a video/audio recording of introducing and practising (can be 121/group) mindful listening/speech practice (max of 15 mins).
- An essay based on 5 meditation practices and your observations/self reflection
- An outline of the level 1 basic lesson plan with your additional, personalised input.
Optional – the opportunity to attend and assist at a foundation (level 1) training date in Edinburgh/London.
Conditions – please note that once you are qualified as an independent trainer, there is an agreement that you will register your students to ensure consistency of online and teaching resources.
*Timescales can be arbitrary – in other words it may be that you have only taught 3 children in the last 6 months or taught 20 in the last 3 weeks! This will be explored (by email) following your decision to take the training and book a place.
**Interim refers to the fact that you will become qualified to deliver the Foundation course (beginners) of the Connected Kids programme to other adults.