Training adults to teach kids meditation (foundation)
I hope you can join me.”
What does Level 3 Training involve?
The Level 3 Train the Trainer is split into 2 stages
Stage 1 – CK interim-trainer – delivering the foundation (beginners) course
This will involve a 1-day course (London or Edinburgh) with prep work, online classroom support and assessment which will teach you how to teach other adults the foundation level of the Connected Kids course.
This stage of training will give in-depth skills and advanced information to help you professionally deliver the beginners level of the Connected Kids programme.
J Boland, Ireland
What you will learn on the Connected Kids™ Trainer (level 3) course
Through stage 1 of the course you will:-
- Learn the importance of setting intentions, having awareness of expectations/attachments when training
- How to tune into the needs of your students when they deliver their first meditation (unscripted)
- Learn how to develop and use a lesson plan intuitively
- Learn how to deliver the Level 1 Connected Kids workshop (logically and intuitively)
- Introduction to the level 1 training materials and how you can personalise them to your skills and experience
- Introduction to different, adult learning styles
- How to help adults balance the logic (mind) with the emotion (heart) in understanding meditation and it’s benefits
- Tips for improving your presentation and communication skills
- How to lead adults into meditation and practise letting go in order to empower their students
- Learn how to develop a rapport with students and encourage this between students
- Learn how to market your practice and workshops to your local community
- An invitation to promote your level 1 courses on the Teach Children Meditation Website
- Adhere to the trainer code of ethics and professional conduct
The course includes:
- 1 full day of face-to-face training (small group – London/Edinburgh)
- 2 x 1 hour online classroom sessions
- training manual
- discounts on books/CDs
- follow up practise and share sessions
- an ‘interim trainer’ certificate for insurance purposes
- follow up support by email/trainer newsletter
Edinburgh – Thursday 19th September 2019 – 1 place left
London – Thursday 23rd April 2020 – limited places
(The follow up online classroom will take place over 2 sessions of 1 hour – there will be the option to attend either an evening or daytime session and a number of dates to choose from).
The cost for the day of training, follow up classroom and support sessions is £795 plus vat – deposit of £250 plus vat to secure your place.
To book, please email Lorraine specifying which venue you wish to attend. We will issue an online invoice (we can also issue invoices to organisations if your school is paying for this).
Credit/debit card– we will issue an online Paypal invoice for the deposit plus VAT. Payment can be made with a credit/debit card or if you have a Paypal account.
Bank Transfer – we can issue an online invoice with bank details if you prefer to pay this way. Please specify when you email with your venue choice. If your organisation is paying we will request the full amount.
Following this you will receive a short interview questionnaire which must be completed before the final payment is due.
Entry Requirement – completion of the professional level Connected Kids programme and a *minimum of 6 months professional practise at a professional level.
Assessment – to complete your level 3 (**interim) training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed.
- This includes – a video/audio recording of introducing and practising (can be 121/group) mindful listening/speech practice (max of 15 mins).
- An essay based on 5 meditation practices and your observations/self reflection
- An outline of the level 1 basic lesson plan with your additional, personalised input.
Optional – the opportunity to attend and assist at a foundation (level 1) training date in Edinburgh/London.
Conditions – please note that once you are qualified as an independent trainer, there is an agreement that you will register your students to ensure consistency of online and teaching resources.
*Timescales can be arbitrary – in other words it may be that you have only taught 3 children in the last 6 months or taught 20 in the last 3 weeks! This will be explored (by email) following your decision to take the training and book a place.
**Interim refers to the fact that you will become qualified to deliver the Foundation course (beginners) of the Connected Kids programme to other adults.