How to practise mindfulness in your own space
The course is designed to help you learn the basics of mindfulness meditation and how to easily incorporate it into your personal and professional life.
The Mindful Heart-Based Living Course (MHBLC) is offered online as a collaboration between Lorraine Murray, founder of Connected Kids ltd and author of Calm Kids and Connected Kids, and Gillian Duncan the founder of The Moment is Now and an experienced mindfulness teacher trained through the Mindfulness Association Programme.
The creation of this course has been inspired and informed by the work of the Mindfulness Association.
Gillian and Lorraine will show you how to feel calmer, more peaceful and compassionate to support your health and well-being. Plus you will be invited to exclusive live sessions and be part of a bigger mindfulness community.
It’s a self-directed, interactive course that you can begin at a time to suit you. PLUS you will be invited onto the online mindfulness community which helps you feel supported on your mindfulness journey.
Is the online Mindful Heart course suitable for you?
In addition to this, the course is designed to nurture self-compassion and compassion for others.
Here’s a ‘backstage tour’ of the online course to help you decide if it is right for you.
What does the Mindful Heart-Based Living course include?
You will have 3 months access to the online course however you can download the recordings and the written materials to keep up your regular practice beyond the lifespan of the course.
The course is packed with helpful tips, practical mindfulness exercises and insights from 2 experienced mindfulness and meditation teachers who have been meditating for over 30 years (and teaching for the past 15).
- Module 1 – Starting from where you are
- Module 2 – Staying present with the help of your body
Module 3 – Introducing mindfulness supports:
Module 4 – Working with distraction
Module 5 – Exploring the undercurrent
Module 6 – Discovering your observer attitude
Module 7 – Self acceptance
Module 8 – Developing a mindful life
The aim of the course is to help you develop a mindfulness practice that you can apply in your personal and professional life.
For those who have already taken the Connected Kids courses, the techniques you will learn will enhance your ‘meditation toolkit’ for teaching young people and children how to meditate.
Benefits of the ‘MHBLC’ online course
- Flexible – start and finish the course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home/workplace
- Expert advice – enjoy video clips of the founders and experts, Lorraine Murray and Gillian Duncan sharing useful tips to help you develop mindfulness
- Practical – listen to Lorraine and Gillian guide you through different mindfulness practices.
- Life-time Support – you can download the mindfulness practices and materials so that you have them for life!
- Exclusive online mindfulness community –access to the facebook community of people who take the course
- Technical Support – if you need some extra help getting started or using the online course, we have experts to help you.
- Easy-to-use – no special software required! – The video and meditations (mp3s) will play on your current pc software – you will access it via the internet.
- Live support – all through the course, there are opportunities to ask questions by email, via our online discussion forum or our virtual classroom sessions.
- Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive an email containing your certificate of completion for the Mindful Heart-Based Living Course.
What does the certificate mean?
The MHBLC certificate provides evidence that you have followed the same content (online) as the 8-week ‘in person’ MBLC course but without the face to face interaction that you would have in a teaching space. This will enable you to attend further mindfulness retreats and training with Gillian and her team.
Ready to Take the Online Mindful Heart-Based Living Course?
You will be invited to join Lorraine and Gillian online in their virtual classroom – providing you with the chance to connect, ask questions and receive support through some of the exercises on the course.
Preview – Online MHBLC
Here’s a useful preview of the Mindful Heart-Based Living Course content. Each module contains helpful information that easily explains what mindfulness is, how it works and the benefits to your health and wellbeing.
Mindfulness Practices –
Useful mindfulness practices which are explained and demonstrated by Gillian and Lorraine to help you experience different types of mindfulness.
The videos will help your mindfulness practice as Gillian and Lorraine to help you experience different types of mindfulness and give you valuable insights.