What you will learn…
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens learning meditation.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with different ages of children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for young people
- Develop your own meditation practice to and how it helps you to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Learn how to produce bespoke meditations for children
- Learn how to improve your delivery of meditations for children
- Discover how meditation and mindfulness can help children with ADHD or autism. or other special needs.
- The course has 12 – 18 hours worth of material
The on-line course includes everything Lorraine teaches in her Connected Kids™ class. It includes a copy of her world-wide best selling book ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’.
The course includes 5 easy and practical modules which help bring the Calm Kids book to life!
- Module 1 – What is Meditation
- Module 2 – Writing Meditations
- Module 3 – How to Deliver a Meditation
- Module 4 – Developing your Meditation Ideas
- Module 5 – Sharing the Experience
*The course has been awarded a silver award from ‘Mom’s Choice – Honouring excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.’ and the National Parenting Product Award in 2018.
- Explore a wide range of mindfulness and meditation techniques and apply these to accommodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learn how to set up a meditation programme for teaching children professionally
- Learn how to teach children meditation who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children with special needs
- Develop a ‘meditation toolkit’ that can structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- tips for teaching kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understand the energy centres and the role they play when teaching meditation
- Learn about which mindful activities are safe to use with different needs.
- Understand how to help young people process strong reactions to meditation
*To take the professional level you must take level 1 – even if you are experienced in meditation/teaching meditation.
The professional online course offers 30 hours of material and provides you with a detailed and interactive experience if your passion is to become a kids meditation teacher:
- Module 1 – your peace pioneer skills
- Module 2 – developing energy awareness to teach meditation
- Module 3 – teaching with the intuitive heart
- Module 4 – child development and special needs
- Module 5 – enhancing your teaching meditation skills
- Module 6 – developing your teaching mindfulness toolkit
- Module 7 – teaching advanced, mindful activity tools
- Module 8 – developing bespoke meditation programmes