So you are interested in teaching meditation? Welcome!
My name is Lorraine Murray and my personal life had been enriched by learning meditation as a teenager.
I have been personally practising meditation since the age of 18, when my own mother introduced me to this life-saving tool. I have practised ever since (30 years) and have found it to be an invaluable life skill.
I started to research whether it was possible to teach kids meditation back in 2003.
Working in schools and privately with families, I discovered that children could meditate and it brought many benefits to them:
- better sleep
- reduced anxiety
- improved self esteem
- ability to focus and study
- reduced their stress levels
I have trained in a number of therapies and was encouraged to start teaching adults meditation (by my meditation teacher) and have become a highly skilled meditation teacher and intuitive.
- Clinical Aromatherapist
- Usui Reiki Master Teacher
- Tutored at College of Parapsychology (Meditation and Spiritual Development)
- Indian Head Massage Therapist
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Practitioner
- Holy Fire Karuna Reiki Master Teacher
- Tutored at Maggie’s Centre for cancer in Scotland (Relaxation and Meditation)
- Bach Flower Remedies – level 1
- Founder of worldwide Connected Kids programme ™
- Author of “Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities” over 25,000 books sold worldwide!
- Silver award winner from ‘Mom’s Choice’ – 2013
- Theta Healing Practitioner
- Author of “Connected Kids – help kids shine through mindful activities” specialising in kids with autism/adhd/special needs.
- Member of the Mindfulness Association
- Member of IMTA (International Meditation Teachers Association)
- Connected Kids became an international training school in 2017
In 2003, I decided it was time for society to address the growing level of stress young people were experiencing.
So I decided to write books about my experiences of teaching and set up our Connected Kids Programme – showing adults how to take a heart-centered approach to teaching children and young people meditation and mindfulness.
International best-sellers in teaching meditation
My practice of teaching children was produced into her first book published in 2012, ‘Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities’ (also translated into Chinese and Romanian) and has sold over 25,000 copies worldwide.
The book helped found the worldwide, accredited teaching programme, ‘Connected Kids‘, empowering parents, educators and other professionals with the skills to teach children of all ages, meditation and mindfulness.
My 2nd published book (2014), ‘Connected Kids: Help Kids With Special Needs (and Autism) Shine With Mindful, Heartfelt Activities’ has sold worldwide. – detailing the work she and others research to teach mindfulness skills to young people with additional support needs.
The first school where Lorraine taught meditation had a big impact on her and the school.
“At school, we believe education should touch the whole child. This includes the physical, emotional and spiritual, social and cognitive aspects of the child’s life. We teach children quietness as a skill to reflect and recharge their inner lives. Lorraine Murray helped us on this journey.“Sheila Laing, Head Teacher
I have travelled worldwide empowering adults with teaching meditation skills.
There are many ways you can help bring more peace into this world.
- start practising meditation for yourself
- show your children how to practise it
- read books
- take a course
- be inspired by my blog >>>
But most of all, just try and plant seeds for the future.
I hope you can join us and become a peace pioneer.
(Watch more useful videos on our YouTube Channel >>>)
Registration: Connected Kids ltd, registration SC466406,, Companies House, Edinburgh, UK. Registered address; 44 St Ronan’s Terrace, Innerleithen, EH446RB