Professional Course – Teaching Kids and Teens Meditation
This professional course provides:
- advanced information and skills for teaching meditation professionally
- a meditation toolkit bursting with mindful activities for teaching children of all ages (toddlers to teens)
- professional expertise in teaching kids on the autistic spectrum, suffering anxiety/stress or with additional support needs.
Connected Kids Ltd is an *approved Training Provider and School in teaching mindfulness and meditation for children/teens.
The Connected Kids™ course teaches you how to establish a successful, professional practice of meditation sessions for children in your community – schools, local youth groups, privately and is ideal for those currently (or looking to work) with children in this capacity eg, school teachers, learning assistants, therapists, yoga teachers.
*As an IICT approved Trainer, and Training School our course gives you the ability to work 121 with families and children offering a Connected Kids teaching therapy session for a child and their support group.
The course will give you powerful insights and experience of teaching meditation for the purpose of relaxation, reducing stress and empowering children or teens with meditation techniques to help them to develop self regulation, emotional intelligence, self esteem and remain calm in moments of high stress and anxiety.
my daughter made it and put it up on her bedroom door. Before i started doing meditation with her she was anxious and a little worrier. She has been keeping a gratitude journal and i was delighted to see this going up because before she wouldn’t have recognised all her great traits (before she started being mindful), no matter how many times she was told. It really has been great for our family. This has given me a whole different outlook on things and coping strategies for myself.” KM
This Professional Connected Kids™ course will help you:-
- to understand the wide range of meditation techniques available and how to apply these to different settings/age groups
- to learn how to professionally set up a meditation environment suitable for children – on a 121 or group basis
- to understand how to work with children who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- to learn how to support the families of those with children who are ADHD or on the Autistic spectrum
- to learn how to write meditations with children in different age groups (under 6’s, 7 to 12, 13+)
- to develop a ‘meditation toolbag‘ that can help structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- to learn different methods of using the breath in meditation with children
- to learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- to understand the energy centres and how they apply to teaching meditation
- to appreciate the importance of grounding techniques in meditation
- to learn about contraindications to teaching meditation to children
- to understand how to cope with strong energy reactions to meditation
- to know how to market and promote your teaching practice in the community
How is this Connected Kids™ Tutor certificate recognised?
Connected Kids Ltd is insured as a training school through Balens specialist insurers.
The level 2 Connected Kids course is for you if you professionally work (or wish to work) with children and teens teaching them meditation and mindfulness skills.
Once you have completed the training and the assessment, you can use the professional Connected Kids Tutor certificate to secure insurance with our insurers Balens UK who recognise Connected Kids as a training school and along with IICT (who cover 26 countries worldwide) have assessed and recognised our training and assessment to be of a professional standard.
This level of training can also count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). If you are already insured you can check with your insurers that they would accept this level of training and certificate.
Listen to the founder, Lorraine E Murray, explain how the certificate is recognised.
What the the cost includes…
- 2 days of training (9.30am to 5pm each day) with author and founder Lorraine Murray (or an experienced Connected Kids trainer)
- comprehensive, practical training notes
- free copy of ‘Connected Kids ‘ (helping to teach kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety and special needs)
- online training resources to support your professional practise
- Invitation to join the Connected Kids Tutor register.
- a professional Connected Kids Tutor certificate for insurance
- lifelong membership of our online community where we share and learn
- follow up support from Connected Kids ltd by email/telephone/regular online newsletter
- exclusive discounts on further training with Connected Kids and partners
Course Dates 2018
Timing – 9.30am to 5pm (2 days training course)
London (with Connected Kid Founder Lorraine Murray)
- Saturday 17th and 18th March 2018 – 1 place left
- Saturday 22nd and 23rd Sept 2018 – limited space
- Saturday 17th and 18th Nov 2018 – limited space
Edinburgh (with Connected Kid Founder Lorraine Murray)
- Saturday 10th and 11th March 2018 – 2 spaces left
- Saturday 26th and 27th May 2018 – limited space
- Saturday 20th and 21st Oct 2018 – limited space
Belfast (with Connected Kids Trainer Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th November 2018 – 4 places left
Dublin (with Connected Kids Trainer Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2018 – 4 places left
The deposit of *£225 + VAT is required to confirm your place. The final payment is due 4 weeks before the course date. The full cost for the 2 days is £595 + VAT
*(deposits for Northern Ireland, Dublin and Dorset are collected from the trainer).
Can’t make a class?
The level 2 course is also available as online.
- Edinburgh – Mulberry House is the city centre venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station/25 mins from airport by tram).
- London – Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) – easily accessible by public transport.
- Belfast -Helen’s Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
- Dublin, Ireland – River Holistic Centre, Raheny, D5 – 12 minutes from Connolly train station (dublin) on Dart. Street parking also available.
Assessment – to complete your level 2 training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed. These include
- case studies (5 x group and 5 x 121 sessions),
- audio/video recording of delivering a meditation to children,
- marketing essay,
- *disclosure check
- written test
*disclosure/criminal record checks (or equivalent); we require a copy of a basic disclosure check (or equivalent in your country) to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges at the time your disclosure certificate was issued (date valid within 18 months of the Connected Kids training).