Professional Training Course – Teaching Kids Meditation
This professional 2-day course provides the advanced information and skills necessary to deliver bespoke meditations and mindful activities to children of all ages (toddlers to teens) and of all abilities including those with autism or additional support needs.
Pre-requisite to attend is completion of Level 1 – regardless of your experience to date. This can be completed online or in class.
The Connected Kids course teaches you how to establish a successful practice of meditation sessions for children in your community – schools, local youth groups, privately and is ideal for those currently (or looking to work) with children in this capacity eg, school teachers, learning assistants, therapists, yoga teachers.
As an IICT approved Trainer, and Training School our course gives you the ability to work 121 with families and children offering a Connected Kids teaching therapy session for a child and their support group.
The course will give you powerful insights and experience of teaching meditation for the purpose of relaxation, reducing stress and empowering children or teens with meditation techniques to help them to develop their creativity, emotional intelligen
ce, self esteem and remain calm in moments of high stress and anxiety.
This Connected Kids course will help you to :-
- Understand the broad range of meditation techniques available and how to apply these to different settings/age groups
- Learn how to professionally set up a meditation environment suitable for children – on a 121 or group basis
- Understand how to work with children who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children who are ADHD or on the Autistic spectrum
- Learn how to write meditations with children in different age groups (under 6’s, 7 to 12, 13+)
- Develop a ‘meditation toolbag’ that can help structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn different methods of using the breath in meditation with children
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- Understand the energy centres and how they apply to teaching meditation
- Appreciate the importance of grounding techniques in meditation
- Learn about contraindications to teaching meditation to children
- Understand how to cope with strong energy reactions to meditation
- Know how to market and promote their practice in the community
How is the Connected Kids qualification recognised?
The level 2 Connected Kids course is for those who already work (or wish to work) with children and teens teaching them meditation and mindfulness skills.
Once you have completed the training and the assessment, you can use the professional training certificate to secure insurance with our insurers Balens UK who recognise Connected Kids as a training school and along with IICT have assessed and recognised our training and assessment to be of a professional standard.
This level of training can also count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). If you are already insured you can check with your insurers that they would accept this level of training and certificate. Completing this level will give you access to the registration process of our Level 3 Trainer Programme.
Teaching Children Mindfulness Course 2017/18
All courses are taught by the founder, Lorraine Murray, unless stated otherwise.
London – limited spaces
- Saturday 17th and 18th March 2018
- Saturday 22nd and 23rd Sept 2018
- Saturday 17th and 18th Nov 2018
- Saturday 10th and 11th March 2018 – – limited space
- Saturday 26th and 27th May 2018 – – limited space
- Saturday 20th and 21st Oct 2018 – – limited space
(with Nikki Harman)
- more dates coming soon – join the mailing list for info
(with Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th November 2017 – now full
- Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th November 2018 – 4 places left
(with Ruth Pringle)
- Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2018 – 4 places left
- Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2018 – 4 places left
The deposit of *£225 is required to confirm your place. The final payment is due 4 weeks before the course date. The full cost for the 2 days is £595.
(Deposits for Northern Ireland, Dublin and Dorset are £85 and the remainder is collected from the trainer).
My kids are loving the little bits I have been doing with them. I understand now why you are so passionate about teaching children this. It works and is something that they can use through their lives. I wish someone had shown me when I was a child. “
What the the cost includes…
- 2 days of training with author and teacher, Lorraine Murray
- comprehensive training notes
- copy of Lorraine’s book ‘Connected Kids ‘ (helping to teach kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety and special needs)
- continuous online support of in-class exercises
- access to be listed as a Connected Kids tutor
- a professional practitioner certificate for insurance
- lifelong membership of our online community where we share and learn
- follow up support from Connected Kids ltd by email/telephone/regular online newsletter
- discounts on further training with Connected Kids and partners
- Edinburgh – Mulberry House is the city centre venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station/25 mins from airport by tram).
- London – Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) – easily accessible by public transport.
- Northern Ireland -Helen’s Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
- Dorset, UK – Dorset Yoga and Therapy Centre, DT11TU. Dorchester West or Dorchester South (Direct from London Waterloo. Parking available.
- Dublin, Ireland – River Holistic Centre, Raheny, D5 – 12 minutes from Connolly train station (dublin) on Dart. Street parking also available.
Entry Requirement – completion of level 1 of the Connected Kids™ programme (either in person or online version)
To complete the training – disclosure/criminal record checks (or equivalent); we require a copy of a basic disclosure check to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges at the time your disclosure certificate was issued (valid within 18 months of the CK training).
Assessment – to complete your level 2 training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed. These include case studies (5 x group and 5 x 121 sessions), audio/video recording of delivering a meditation to children, essay, disclosure check and written test.